|Bust of Empress Josephine by Joseph Chinard, 1805|
Musée du Château, Malmaison, France
For the bodice, I used my garden sedum, previously enhanced with red sparkles.
I used my glue gun to apply small clusters over the bust area, front and back.
So the sleeves would be big and puffy looking, I added bunched up chicken wire where the sleeves would be. It offered support for my hydrangeas.
|Side details of bodice.|
I decorated the area under the bust with a central painted pinecone, beads and gilded leaves.
For the back, a huge red velvet flower and my Luna moth
over a satin and gold thread bow.