Antique Cruet Set with Autumn Raspberries and Ladybugs

Antique Cruet Set with Autumn Raspberries and Ladybugs
8" x 10" acrylic on canvas
This charming cruet set made of silver and glass is no longer used today, but has a place of honour on the buffet of the St Marys Museum. It’s a place that reminds us that such lovely objects of the past can still be used and enjoyed today, but perhaps not necessarily for their original purposes. Using them to display delicate flowers is just one example. With the cruet set, I chose to feature autumn raspberry branches from my garden. With the branches came the ladybugs, very abundant at this time of the year, feasting on the ripening fruits.

I'm just back from Montreal, so until I'm back in the swing of things I'm leaving this little vignette.

Happy Halloween!