Saturday, November 30, 2013

The Countess' Cedar Gown and Top Hat, Part I


Well, my old friend The Countess Papera Ephemera showed up for a new dress commission. This year, a 'Noel' evening gown as opposed to a Halloween one is in the making. She knew I wasn't going to be in St Marys for her yearly autumn request, so she postponed her trip and will be our spirited guest for the holiday season.

I gathered many decorative things from Christmases past and will transform her autumn top hat into a festive one. This time, I decided to give her a more modern look, along the lines of the 1940 silver screen legends. 
The lovely thing about Popie is that she understands the true nature of an artist and trusts me implicitly. That's how I like it. This is a luxury that I enjoy now that I work from home and have a spirit for a client. I ran out of glue so I will move on to the dress for now.
Below are shots of the cedar gown in progress.


Ultra-Violet looks innocent, but is most probably assessing the new indoor facilities. 




Come back later for the completion of the cedar tree evening gown.

8 comments:

Mark D. Ruffner said...

Hi, Anyes,

I can't wait — what you've done so far is already stunning! Do you make clothes for yourself?

The Dusty Victorian said...

Hello Mark,
I started making my own clothes when I was thirteen right up to my early twenties, when I started my career in fashion design. Then I was too busy with work and too tired after work to do anything really creative. Now that I'm out of the industry and live a simpler lifestyle, I don't need so much clothes. But I can release that creativity on my mannequin.
Anyes
xx

Rosemary said...

Dear Anyes - thank you for your visit today.
I am bowled over by your creative imagination. The work you are putting into Popie is going to be fantastic - can't wait to see the finished gown.

The Dusty Victorian said...

Thank you so much Rosemary, always a pleasure.
Anyes
xx

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Oh wow, that's wonderful! Can't wait to see what it looks like completed. Looks like your little pooch likes it too!

The Dusty Victorian said...

Hello Gina,
Yes, Violet and the two other pooches like it too much if you ask me. I'm afraid the gown will have to go outside on the front porch as soon as I'm finished. I'm sure you've done wonders with your home, I will be dropping in soon.
Anyes
xx

1914house said...

I'm a little behind, but this is stunning! I can smell it from here. You should feel proud of this creation.

The Dusty Victorian said...

Hello Tammi,
Thank you for dropping in and for your kind words. I'm way beyond behind, I don't know how people can keep up so I completely understand.
Anyes
xx