Thursday, August 1, 2013

Victorian Style Shed & Playhouse - Part II


Colour inspiration for the shed/playhouse came from a few feet away. 
Lavender-coloured buds from the hostas...

orangy red from the the day lilies... 

creamy white and yellow gold from the shasta daisies.

It was progressing nicely until all came to a halt with a rainy day, yet again. So, I'll show you the inside of the playhouse.

Entering from the deck.

The door to the balcony.

View of the DV from the balcony.

Turning back...

and looking out from where I came in. This is a view of the old 'right of way' from the time when there was a carriage turn. We still use it on occasion when we have a bulky delivery or restoration that requires heavy machinery, like when we had the eavestrough done.

Looking down onto the yard, it really feels like one is in a treehouse.

Shutters ready and waiting to go back up where they belong beside the windows in the front tower part of the DV. That is, once the top window is restored, hopefully before autumn.

8 comments:

Mark D. Ruffner said...

Dear Anyes,

I'm enjoying watching the progress on your shed, and seeing the details, like the charming gingerbread that goes along the roof line. I think that at some point (maybe some future summer) you should put lace curtains in the door window and a flower box on the railing. As you can see, I'm itching to move in and decorate!

The Dusty Victorian said...

Hello Mark,
Lovely decorating ideas that will certainly be followed through at one point - thank you. But I would need to insulate, (you, spoiled by Florida weather). :)
Anyes
xx

Richard Cottrell said...

I am so jealous. Richard from My Old Historic House

The Dusty Victorian said...

Wow Richard, thank you so much.
Anyes
xx

Rosemary said...

Your playhouse is so adorable - you done a wonderful and painted it a lovely colour.
It is every little girls and big girls dream.

The Dusty Victorian said...

Thank you Rosemary,
So true, it certainly is a far cry from my refrigerator box house (which I remember fondly). And it's on a scale that I can have fun with colour blocking and detailing. When living in Vancouver, we had our honeymoon in SanFrancisco. We were so charmed by the painted ladies. This is our little St Marys painted lady.
Anyes
xx

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi Anyes,
I love the flower photos with the playhouse in the background, wonderful! Thanks for sharing your beautiful playhouse with us.
Have a great weekend,
Gina

The Dusty Victorian said...

Hello Gina,
I'm always complaining about my camera and/or my pour photo skills, but once in a while a get good ones. Pure luck of course, but thank you.
Anyes
xx