Monday, June 13, 2011

My Backside


Working pretty intensively trying to catch up on lost spring time, the back (east side) of the house is done.

At the back, a narrower part of the house juts out. The kitchen is on the main level. The second floor has the laundry room (left window), and the bathroom (right window) - these were once the servants' quarters. Brian is walking toward the kitchen door.

Here Brian is putting one of the shutters back into place. We had a little bat living behind this one, so when it came time to work on that window, we installed a bat house (seen in the upper left corner) hoping that it would take to it. We'll see later if it does or if it goes back to the shutter.

8 comments:

Mark D. Ruffner said...

It's very pleasurable to see your house coming together, and I can see that it won't be long before you'll need to update your header!

The bat house is a great touch and I hope fodder for future postings — bats do so much good.

Richard Cottrell said...

I am glad you put a cation on thatleg hanging out the window. One might have had strange thoughts. Just kidding. I know what he was going through as It was so high up. I often fling out a window with a rope around my waist to do one thing or another. The joy of an old home. Thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping by, My Old Historic House. Richard

Laura said...

The shutters look really great! I love those colours. :)

I want a Dusty Victorian! :(

I hope you're little bat friend chooses the house.
I have a bad memory of my Mum clubbing a bat to death after it took up residence between the screen and glass of our storm door back on the farm... *shudders*

((Hugs))
Laura

The Dusty Victorian said...

Hello Mark,
Most of the worst windows and shutters were done last year so I'm making good progress. And on the upper level, they are slightly smaller - a real bonus.
Yes, I really hope my little bat comes back.
Anyès
XX

The Dusty Victorian said...

Richard, you're too funny. We sold our condo (a place we did not lift one finger for) to buy this house. Yes, the things we do for our old homes.
Anyès
XX

The Dusty Victorian said...

Hi Laura,
My gosh! The horror of that scene. Shudders you bet.
Our parents were condition to kill first, think later. I could tell you stories as well. Jeeesh!
Thanks for dropping in.
Anyès
XX

Pam of Eastlake Victorian said...

Hi Anyes-

You're making great progress! I think the bat house is a nice idea. We could sure use some bats around here, as the mosquutoes have hatched!

-Pam

The Dusty Victorian said...

Hello Pam,
I don't know what it is about me and mosquitos, but they zero in on me. I look like I have chicken pox and it's just the beginning of summer.
Anyès
XX