Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The DV - Muse and Model


June was quite busy here at The Dusty Victorian's bed and breakfast. Guests came and went, each one as charming as the next. Some came for the theatre in Stratford, others were day tripping in Perth County, but no matter what the reason, we were so pleased with the travellers The Dusty Victorian attracted and accommodated under her roof.


Ending the month were guests Keith Thirgood and Helen Walter of the Wilson Street Studio - accomplished plein air painters. Please click on their names to view their strikingly beautiful artwork and to learn more about their studio.  


The DV served as muse and model on this gorgeous warm day. Helen, in the front, prefers to stand and paint, capturing the many steps leading to our front door.


Further back in the dappled shade, the lilac leaves were creating heart-shaped shadows on Keith's shirt while he was focussing on the house.


Yours truly beaming proudly beside Helen, striking a Kiki de Montparnasse pose, and Keith with his understated Manet elegance. A memorable and priceless day.


Ultra-Violet and I have a little bit of time to put our feet up before our next guests show up.
A very busy summer between fixing windows, guest travellers, and gardening - love it!


10 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm glad to hear that you're having a good summer!

The Dusty Victorian said...

Hello Ashley,
I've been neglecting my fellow bloggers, but on the next rainy day I will be catching up with you.
I'm sure that I will be impressed with all that you've done.
Anyes
XX

Mark D. Ruffner said...

Hi, Anyes,

It looks as though you're enjoying the good life. I enjoyed seeing the range of Helen and Keith's art — their styles complement each other, and I like the vibrancy of color each uses. I'm glad you're able to relax from all your projects every once in a while!

The Dusty Victorian said...

Hello Mark,
Yes, to me, all is good in summer. My schedule is packed, but I like to keep busy. Besides our warm season is so short and there is so much to do before it's too cold to work outside. So glad you enjoyed Helen and Keith's work, they were delightful.
Anyes
XX

Donna said...

Hi Anyes,

Forget the house for a bit: how elegant you look! (And happy)

Donna

The Dusty Victorian said...

Hello Donna,
I'm a happy puppy in summer, that's my season. But you are right, I'm putting 'house fixing' on the back burner. Beside, my pour hands and nails can handle just so much.
Anyes
XX

GinaBVictorian said...

Anyes,
Oh how fun! To have one person paint your house on canvas is exciting, but two people painting your house on canvas-that's really exciting! Your house is so pretty!
Gina

The Dusty Victorian said...

Hello Gina,
I agree, it was so flattering and exciting! Thanks so much.
Anyes
XX

Richard Cottrell said...

I was not aware you were doing B and B. That is fun and I am sure you are meeting lots of nice people. I did it for years when i lived in St.Louis. Got awful tired of making beds. Richard from My Old Historic house

The Dusty Victorian said...

Hello Richard,
Yes, we tried it for the month of August last year and we were very pleased so we decided to be more committed to it this year. Nearby Stratford is known for its theatre and that attracts a very civilized crowd. It's been lovely so far. I hear you loud and clear in regards to making beds.
Anyes
XX