Saturday, July 28, 2012

North Side Windows Done

The first winter we spent at the DV was uncomfortable at the best of times - very often damp and chilly. Every year a side of windows was done, the house felt better. Now that the windows on all four sides of the house are repaired and painted (except for one), it will be a much more comfortable house, prettier and more energy efficient.

 Brian is putting in place the last shutter.

 Voila!

 Stepping back to see the completed job I see something that will nag at me. 

 Yes, the top tower window is the exception, but it will have to wait for now. 

6 comments:

GinaBVictorian said...

Hi Anyes,
Yay on the windows! Don't worry about the other one, it won't go anywhere, I'm sure you'll get to it soon. Your house is so pretty. Gina

The Dusty Victorian said...

Thank yo so much Gina,
I think we'll break open a bottle of Champagne when the top one is done, but for now, I bottle of sparkling wine will do.
Anyes
XX

Lottie said...

Love the new windows! That was smart to do a side a year.

The Dusty Victorian said...

Thank you Lottie,
There is just so much I can do in one Canadian summer. Perhaps it's best this way, so I don't burn out. It forces me to pace myself. Your blue cottage is absolutely charming.
Thanks for dropping in.
Anyes
XX

Laura said...

The windows look incredible. Amazing job! Almost done??!! Yay!

Sorry I haven't been around much. It's been a busy summer!!!

((Hugs))
Laura

The Dusty Victorian said...

Thank you so much Laura,
Don't apologize, I know you're a busy lady. I don't know how you do it and still look fabulous.
Anyes
XX