Sunday, July 19, 2015

Veranda - Painting Completed

 I felt like cracking a bottle of Moet et Chandon, but I will do that in autumn when everything else I want to do this season is completed.

Below are a few 'before and after' shots of the front veranda.



 




 I've said it before, but working on a scaffold as opposed to a ladder makes a world of difference.
Note the corner pillar requiring moulding restoration. It turns out that the damage is also in the flooring - a future project.

 So the two front sections are painted...

and the section above the stairs was done last season. 
I gave the 'old lady' a real good exfoliating treatment and make-up job.
Now it's my turn to get a nice facial.

10 comments:

Mark Ruffner said...

Congratulations, Anyès! I think you should have a bottle of champagne now AND a bottle of champagne at the end of the season! The Dusty Victorian looks great!

Sharon @ Laurelhurst Craftsman said...

OMG, that is so beautiful! I do love painted ladies.

The Dusty Victorian said...

Thanks so much Sharon. Your Craftmann bungalow is absolutely lovely. Nice of you to drop in and leave a kind word.
Anyes
xx

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Oh my gosh Anyes, BEAUTIFUL! I love the brightness of it all! What a show stopper, or car stopper I should say! My car would brake for your house, that's for sure!!
Take care,
Gina

The Dusty Victorian said...

Hello Mark,
You know what? I believe I'll do that. Cheers to you my dear blogging friend.
Anyes
xx

The Dusty Victorian said...

Hello Gina,
Thank you so much Gina. If you ever drive by one day, I hope you will stop and say hello, it would be terrific to meet you.
Anyes
xx

JC said...

It looks great Anyes! After all the work, I think it was definitely worth it, and now everyone who passes by the house can share in your pride of ownership.

The Dusty Victorian said...

Thank you so much JC. A lot of work done and still a lot more to do, but at least it's work that is photogenic :) and shows progress is being made. I'm so far behind with your progress, but will catch up at one point. Thanks for dropping in.
Anyes
xx

Deanna said...

Looks beautiful!

The Dusty Victorian said...

Thank you so much Deanna, lovely to hear from you.
Anyes
xx