Thursday, December 15, 2011

Almost Ready for the Holidays

Okay, all names have been checked off from my gift list, almost all gifts have been wrapped, and our Christmas cards have been mailed off. Of course, there will be the usual, "Oh my gosh! We forgot so and so!" and, "Did we send a card to so and so?"

The indoors Christmas tree has been placed outside again this year
because of our male dog, Chaz.

This year, our big pot is host to a spiral evergreen.


Our front entrance does not need much decorations, it's already in the spirit...


...just needed a "corsage".


And we are ready for Santa.

Make your holidays really meaningful this year, don't forget your local animal shelter. Most animal shelters have a wish list you can view on their website. You would be surprised how many unnecessary things we accumulate in our attics, basements, garages or closets that could be useful to an animal shelter.

9 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh my gosh, your front door!! It's lovely.

Have a Merry Christmas!

Mark D. Ruffner said...

Wonderful decorations, and I greatly admire your front door and all its detailing. The rounded corners of the top panels are an elegant design feature one doesn't see very often these days.

Richard Cottrell said...

I am so jealous over that front door. Yum! Richard from My Old Historic House.

Laura said...

Gawd! I hate your front door!
Just kidding of course, it looks lovely. I want it!

Everything looks so amazing. I wonder if I could photoshop myself into your Christmas card......

((Hug))
Laura

Donna said...

Everything looks beautiful. I aspire to be so ready so soon: I barely make it by December 24!

A. Kadowaki Busby said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Dusty Victorian said...

Dear Friends,
Thank you for dropping in and leaving your kind words.
Ashley, you've done a lovely job with your Christmas decor, the energy and motivation you have is inspiring.

Mark, your Ruffnerian eye is remarkable.

Richard, you make everything look so regally decadent, like a rococo king. I'm a pour peasant in comparison.

Laura, you would do me a favour if you could place your head over mine. You probably noticed my awful hair.

Donna, you think I'm ready, I think I'm read, but wait....

Pam of Eastlake Victorian said...

Hi Anyes-

What a beautiful family you have! Lovely photo!

Your tree looks so pretty on the porch. What a beautiful house you have, and you've done such a remarkable job restoring and decorating. Love your wintery header photo!

Here's wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas. And good wishes for 2012!

-Pam

The Dusty Victorian said...

Thank you so much Pam for your sweet words. About my header, it's a shot taken last years because we have absolutely no snow to speak of. I'm not complaining mind you, but a white Christmas would be prettier.
Keep well until we write again,
Anyes
XX