Monday, December 6, 2010

Joyeux Temps des Fêtes a Tous


Well, the gingerbread house has been sprinkled with powdered snow, the Christmas tree has been set up outside on the front porch this year (we have a male dog, need I say more?), the fall wreath has been restyled into a wintery one, the urn arrangement is front and centre and our beautiful metal wall ornament has been mounted. This was a gift from Brian's parents, owners and operators of Alloy Foundry and Village Metalsmiths in Merrickville, Ontario.
Thank you Karl and Linda. We love it!

A little more shopping, but we are almost ready!





Thank you to all who have been visiting the Dusty Victorian during the year. It's been a real pleasure exchanging thoughts, feelings and images through our blogs. I'm looking forward to 2011 with all of you.

6 comments:

Pam of Eastlake Victorian said...

Anyes-

Your house looks beautiful all dressed up for the season! That metal wall ornament is really unique and beautiful. I think it goes really well with tye colors of your house!

It's been a pleasure reading your blog this year. You are so talented and are an inspiration to me! I look forward to seeing what 2011 brings!

Merry Christmas!

Pam

The Dusty Victorian said...

Thank you so much Pam.
When I first started this blog, it was basically to record the work done on the house for family and friends to know about. Little did I know that it would open doors to other people's homes and lives and that I would get to know someone such as you. You are amazing Pam.
Thank you for all your highly informative posts with gorgeous photographs. I Utterly enjoy them.

Anyès
XX

sunshine said...

It looks amazing! As always Anyes I'm in awe of how creative you are. I love that the decoration matches the style of your home. All Victorian. Just lovely.

I'm so glad to have met you this past year as well. I think that you are just awesome and I can't wait to see more of you and your home next year.
All the best sweet thing!

((Hugs))
Laura

The Dusty Victorian said...

Thank you so much Laura, you've been so encouraging through out the year. Your generous nature and sense of humor is priceless. Very happy that you had good health news to give us after that check-up. I guess it must have been a chocolate lump.

Anyes
XX

Mrs. D said...

Hello my friend Anyes,

Wow! Neat new background for your blogsite. I hope your next post you will you show us some photos of your interior this Christmas season. I'll be checking in regularly to see.

Will you add your favorite blogs list to you new blog? I like to follow the people and trends you follow.

Your Victorian Friend,
Mrs. D

The Dusty Victorian said...

Hello Linda,
We usually spend Christmas in Montreal, so little is spent on decorating the inside for Christmas. But exceptionally this year my 85 year old mother will be visiting with one of my sisters. So I will make more of an effort on the inside.
Stay tuned, but don't expect Santa's workshop though.
Anyes
XX