Monday, August 9, 2010

Six More Windows & Shutters Done

This Sunday, Brian and I spent the day putting the shutters back in place. With these six windows completed, along with the three done earlier, I'm down to 16 from 25. I figure, I can manage 8 windows per season without going batty. By the way, there is a little bat living behind one of our upper window shutter - I know because of the droppings seen on the patio, right below. I will try to catch it on camera, before it migrates.

The two front west windows on the main level.

The two south side windows on the main level. You can see one of the original shutter colours on the second level.


The two windows right just past the gate. One facing east, one facing north.

Okay, I guarantee that you won't see anymore posts about my windows and shutters... until next spring.

6 comments:

Eastlake Victorian said...

Anyes-

You have done such a wonderful job on your windows and shutters! Your house looks so much brighter and unified now! Such a lot of hard work, and you still have more to do! You deserve a break from it for awhile. I liked seeing your close-ups! I can really see the detail now. I think doing the entire window frame in white does give more weight to the windows, as you mentioned:-)

-Pam

The Dusty Victorian said...

Hi Pam,
They look so clean now and they should be less drafty now that the glaze has been repaired.
Thanks so much for your encouraging words.

Terry @ La Bella Vie said...

Anyes,

Believe it or not, i love the window posts' it means you're making progress on the beautiful old house and it shows!
Thank you for stopping by and posting about my funny pictures/story. I had fun doing it and was in a great frame of mind having a day off:)
Terry

The Dusty Victorian said...

Hello Terry,
I'm glad you enjoy even my DIY posts, means a lot to me.
XX

Terry @ La Bella Vie said...

Thank you for stopping by and your sweet words about Sissy Girl, she was so loved. these two little girls have stolen out heart too!
Terry

sunshine said...

I love the window posts too! I think it's amazing the difference the new colour has made in the appearance of the house.
Truly, a wonderful job. Good for you!

((Hugs))
Laura