Wednesday, July 16, 2014

'Fretworking' - Part III


The first porch post is complete, along with its corbels, spandrel and brackets.

But before moving to the front exterior, I finished off the inside end-sections.

 Vertical red accents.

 The rectangle sections in the spandrel are green. Wasps, flies, spiders, mosquitos, moths, etc... all came to say hello. The bugs that were evicted were not very happy, I'm sure. Even earwigs were up there - couldn't believe it.

One section done, five more to go.

4 comments:

Mark Ruffner said...

Hi, Anyes,

I don't know if you can get an award on top of your historic award (sort of like an oak leaf cluster on a medal), but you're well on your way! I like the verical red accent, and I don't believe I'd seen the red accent between the window panes, either. Lookin' good!

The Dusty Victorian said...

Hi Mark,
Thank you so much, your praises are like an award to me.
Too sweet.
Anyes
xx

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

WOW Anyes! That is absolutely gorgeous! I love those colors together, those are the colors I have used through out my house.
Great job! Take care.
Gina

The Dusty Victorian said...

Hello Gina, my kindred spirit, thank you so much for droping in.
Always a pleasure,
Anyes
xx