All summer I said to myself "I need a trellis for my honeysuckle vine". Other more pressing things that can only be done during the warm season had to have priority. Now that it is too cold to work comfortably outside, I decided to do my trellis in my studio.
Our property is surrounded by old trees that shed their branches on a regular bases. They are usually kept for kindling in a pile at the back of the yard. But this time, some of the them would be used for my trellis.
We also have a nasty vine weed that grows on the chain link fence belonging to the neighboring school. We found out recently that it kills Pine trees and one of our trees has already suffered from it. So Brian pulled out as much as he could. They are good for wreaths though.
So they wouldn't move around, I secured them with some twine at each intersection - this only until they were screwed in place.
I sawed off the ends that were sticking out.
I used the vine weeds to do three flowers of different sizes. I don't think the petals will last, but that's okay.
I secured the flowers on the tips of the branches and Brian secured the trellis to the wall. Here I am placing the vines on it.
The honeysuckle vines will now grow upwards instead of falling into the window well.
Voila, my rustic folksy trellis. Not Victorian at all, but I think it still works because of our country setting.